Monday, February 28, 2011

Make a Wish

After letting the last post soak in, you will fall into one of two categories. Either you heed the advice and take on that view of the world, living life to the fullest, appreciating those you love, letting go of grudges, or you pretend to understand and continue taking your existence for granted. Sure you were touched by the words, sad because of what happened, sympathetic towards the victim and his family and friends, but lets face it, it didn’t happen to you and you won’t change until it does.

I can’t criticize you for ending up as the former; I’ve been on both sides. I think most people have. It takes an unusually wise person to be able to appreciate things/people they love without ever having lost. That’s why they say some good comes out of death. People come together, wisen up, begin to understand. But enough of that.

This post really is about something that is somewhat unrelated. It has a little to do with 111. You may want to read the first section of this page before continuing http://www.angelscribe.com/1111.html , but you don’t have to. Anyone else catch themselves noticing when its 1:11 a little too often? Or after 9/11 you’re suddenly always aware of the number when you see it around, and now you see it “everywhere”? Well I do always catch myself seeing 1:11 or 11:11 on the clock lately, and I’m not saying I believe it means anything, but it brings up an interesting subject.

Most people look at that time and make a wish, “almost like making a wish when a cake with candles is presented to you.” So of course when I heard that I wanted to start making wishes every time I saw it. The only problem was that I could never decide on anything before 1:12 hit, or 2:00 for that matter. I hadn’t made a concrete decision until today. It’s not that I couldn’t think of anything to wish for (the obvious hit the lottery wish always came to mind) but that I couldn’t find anything that I truly, passionately wanted. Yea it’d be great to have millions of dollars, but ehh, if it doesn’t happen so be it. Everything I really want in life, is right in front of me. People may describe it as a little bit of money, a loving family, and good health. To really simplify it, I just want a reason to smile.

There are people out there without loving families, with very poor health, and with little to no money. I don’t know what they would wish for when 1:11 came around, maybe its something specific, maybe it’s a little of everything. But my wish is that everyone, everywhere can find a reason to smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment